Integrated Health Experts
Top Rated Health & Wellness Center
Sports Chiropractic Pain Management Services
Sports Injury: CausesWhether you’re a professional or amateur athlete, it’s not uncommon to incur a sports injury from time to time. Impact and contact, overuse, poor technique, and poor preparation often lead to sports injuries. Sports like football and basketball entail contact with other players or having to change direction quickly. This can lead to displaced joints and damage to connective tissue. Injuries may include muscle sprains and ligament damage. Overuse is a common cause of a sports injury in sports like tennis and golf. Repeated actions apply pressure to the same group of muscles and joints and progress over time, causing pain and discomfort. Common overuse injuries include jumper’s knee, plantar fasciitis, golfer’s knee, and tennis elbow.
Poor technique in execution can lead to a painful injury. It causes excessive pressure on the body’s muscles and joints. For example, a poor backhand technique can lead to tennis elbow. Misusing exercising machines in the gym can also cause a sports injury like soft tissue damage. Many sports injuries can be prevented with a proper warm up and cool down exercise. Warm up exercises prepare the muscles for physical activity, and cool down exercises help prevent stiff muscles.
Sports Injury Specialist In CrestwoodOur integrative medicine doctors help identify and treat your sports injuries. These types of conditions often fall into one of the following categories:
- Overuse injuries — if you perform the same activities in the same way, you risk overusing the muscles and joints. This may lead to pain, lack of motion, or general weakness. Our doctors can educate you on proper body mechanics to help restore balance and prevent future overuse injuries from occurring. Sprain — a sprain occurs when the ligaments are injured. This may be a stretch, twist, or a tear. The ligaments connect two bones and also support a joint. You may experience a strain in a knee, elbow, or shoulder from sport participation.
- Strain — a muscle strain is the result of the muscles being overstretched or torn. You may experience limited motion, tenderness, swelling, or bruising, and we can help you heal and overcome the discomfort.
- Back pain — you may experience back pain if your spine is not in alignment or as a result of improper motion. Our doctors help align your spine and return you quickly to sport play.
- Stress fractures — a small crack in the bone that may be the result of overuse or high-impact activities such as running.
- Concussions — an injury to the head may result in a concussion. If you experience dizziness, headaches, nausea, blurred vision, or unconsciousness, please seek medical attention immediately. Then, our doctors can help restore your neck and back alignment to promote circulation and healing.
Sports injuries may also show themselves in heel pain, shoulder pain, knee discomfort, and inflammation. Our doctors can help evaluate your condition and select a proper pain treatment for you. We can also teach you exercises to strengthen weaker muscles and to support a healthy body position. Our goal is to quickly return you to your active lifestyle. Our pain management treatments offered at Crestwood Integrated Health double as preventative care to strengthen your body to avoid re-injury in the future. Physical activity is important for a healthy body and once you learn proper body techniques and ways to avoid overuse injuries, you will remain active for years to come.
Our Crestwood doctors are here to make life easier and pain-free. Do not let sports injuries slow you down. If you or a loved one is suffering from a sports injury, please call us today to schedule your evaluation. We will help you heal quickly and return to your sports. We offer convenient hours, private consultations, and new-patient specials. Contact us today to start the healing process.
Crestwood Integrated Health Center: Your Sports ChiropractorAt Crestwood Integrated Health, Dr. John Revello creates an individualized pain management program for injured athletes. Sports chiropractic care treatment plans may include spinal adjustments, spinal decompression therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, laser therapy, or physical therapy. As a sports chiropractor, Dr. John Revello believes in treating the whole body with integrative health treatments. Each treatment modality works to reduce pain, enhance mobility, and accelerate healing, and may be integrated into your rehabilitation program.
During spinal adjustments and manipulations, the spinal discs are gently moved into proper position. This eliminates pressure on surrounding muscles and nerves. Spinal decompression therapy also helps eliminate pressure by gently stretching the spine for more space in between spinal discs. Massage therapy not only relaxes the muscles, but it increases circulation to the affected area for speedy healing. Acupuncture can help reduce pain associated with sports injuries. Hair-thin needles are inserted into meridian points along the body to break up any blockages of energy. Cold laser therapy utilizes light energy that penetrates deep to help heal soft tissue injuries. Physical therapy entails stretching and strengthening exercises, along with passive pain management treatments like ultrasound and heat-ice therapy.
If you’ve been injured while engaging in a sport, turn to Orland Park Integrated Health for medical solutions, sports physical therapy, and chiropractic treatment plans. Call us at (708) 385-4416 to schedule a one-on-one consultation today. The road to recovery begins at with integrative health methods. New patients can take advantage of our special offer. It’s just $35 for an exam, consultation, and two X-rays. Call us today.