Integrated Health Experts
Top Rated Health & Wellness Center
Massage Therapy In Crestwood
The Healing Power Of Massage TherapyMassage is a time-tested technique for soothing tight muscles, encouraging relaxation, and bringing relief to muscle pain — but its true powers extend far beyond these undeniable benefits. Here at Crestwood Integrated Health Center in Crestwood, IL, our chiropractic care team often prescribes massage therapy as a useful complement to spinal adjustments and other natural healing methods. The skilled hands of our Licensed Massage Therapist, Melissa Goitia, can administer a variety of techniques to speed the healing process, relieve back pain and discomfort, and improve your overall wellness.
There are a variety of massage techniques in use by today’s therapists, each with its own particular strengths and emphases. For instance:
- Swedish massage is a light-pressure technique that focuses on muscle groups just under the skin.
- Deep tissue massage is a more forceful technique for manipulating muscles other tissues at a deeper level than Swedish massage.
- Trigger point therapy relaxes painful knots of muscle tissue.
- Myofascial release helps break up deep internal scar tissue that inhibits muscle motion.
- Pregnancy massage is specially designed to help expectant mothers enjoy a safer and less uncomfortable pregnancy.
- Sports massage helps athletes recover from strenuous events, sports injuries, and prime their bodies for the next big challenge.
Massage therapy can have a wide range of profound healing and pain relieving effects on the body. Some of the main benefits you may experience are: